International Gaucher Day 'Rare But Not Alone'
International Gaucher Day 2018 – Rare Stars: giving hope, improving lives
International Gaucher Day, first launched by the EGA in 2014, is celebrated annually on 1st October to raise awareness of Gaucher disease.
We believe that the patient community would benefit greatly from learning about what inspires and motivates people to work in the field of Gaucher and so the theme of the 2018 campaign will focus upon doctors, nurses, scientists, patient advocates and those involved in the pharmaceutical industry, who all work hard to improve the quality of life for the entire Gaucher patient community… Rare Stars – giving hope, improving lives
During the run up to IGD, we will be sharing short videos from some inspirational figures working within the Gaucher field and from the pharmaceutical industry; showing their motivation, experiences and hopes for the Gaucher community. We believe that video content will generate strong interest in the #IGD2018 #RareStars campaign.
You can raise awareness of Gaucher disease and IGD very simply by:
- organising a lecture for students at a medical school
- arranging a lecture for doctors at a hospital
- gathering in a public place and spreading information about Gaucher disease
- organising a workshop for journalists and doctors
- inviting your doctor – your ‘star’ – to participate in the social media campaign
- organising a sporting event: run, walk or bike ride
- distributing information about IGD and Gaucher disease – please see our fact sheet for more information – coming soon
- using #IGD2018 #RareButNotAlone #RareStars to get IGD trending
Share your story…
Show our entire community how you celebrate International Gaucher Day by uploading your photos on to social media with the #IGD2018 #RareButNotAlone #RareStars hashtags. Please also send them to us to share on Facebook and Instagram by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to build upon the success of recent years and increase public outreach and awareness of Gaucher disease with a far-reaching social media campaign. We will be using the IGD Facebook page, Instagram “Gaucher Journeys”, LinkedIn and YouTube channel to share the content and to raise awareness of the event. As in previous years, we will also start a Thunderclap campaign to generate a greater social outreach so please support and contribute to this. #IGD2018 #RareButNotAlone #RareStars
We are encouring our members to promote IGD 2018 using social media:
- change your Facebook and Twitter cover photo using the IGD banner – coming soon
- change your Facebook and Twitter profile picture using the IGD logo
- sign up to the IGD2018 Thunderclap – coming soon
- visit and like our Facebook page
- visit and follow our Instagram page
- visit and follow our LinkedIn page
Posters, banners and social media materials will be available to download in September, so please pop back to this page then.
We will not be producing merchandise this year but will assist with any branding should you wish to produce some - please see our style guide and conditions of use.
We are very grateful to the following event sponsors: